A new direction has been issued today in relation to seven-day COVID-19 testing requirements for people working in Medi-Hotels and follows Tuesdays genomics results of two people linked with the Parafield cluster
SA Police say that people working at a medi-hotel are now required to receive a COVID-19 test at least every seven days, for up to 14 days from the date they last worked at the site.
This direction applies to people who for the purpose of performing work of any kind have been present on a Medi-Hotel site since 12.01am on November 25.
This includes employees and contractors of the following:
- SA Police
- SA Health
- Australian Defence Force
- All employees and contractors of medi-hotel operators including front of house, cleaning and security.
"People who have delivered goods to a Medi-Hotel that were present, in a designated green zone, for less than 30 minutes who had no contact with people undertaking quarantine are exempt from this direction," SA Police shared in a statement to the media.
"Any person working at a medi-hotel who develops COVID-19 symptoms must notify SA Health and further direction will be given in relation to self-isolation requirements."
- Sore throat;
- Shortness of breath;
- Runny nose;
- Fever or history of fever or chills;
- Acute loss of smell or taste;
- Muscle aches;
- Unexplained fatigue; and/or
- Nausea and/or vomiting and/or diarrhoea.
An operator of a Medi-hotel must:
- Adopt a Testing Compliance Plan which requires employees and contractors to notify the operators of their COVID-19 test;
- Keep records of information given to them in relation to the COVID-19 tests;
- Provide these records to an authorised officer on request; and
- Urgently report any instance of non-compliance to an authorised officer.
The Communicable Diseases Control Branch can be contacted on 1300 232 272.
All existing Directions, frequently asked questions and other information can be found here: www.covid-19.sa.gov.au
For further information please call the SA COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 253 787 between the hours of 9am to 5pm 7 days per week or go to the SA Health website at www.sahealth.sa.gov.au or www.sa.gov.au/covid-19