There is one new COVID-19 case in South Australia today, Thursday, November 26, with a man aged in his 40s testing positive.
The man had already been in quarantine as he was identified as a close contact of people in the Parafield cluster.
A teenage girl, who attends the Woodville High School, was also confirmed as a positive case late yesterday.
SA Health chief public health officer Professor Nicola Spurrier said the teenager could have been exposed to COVID-19 after she picked up a pizza at the Woodville Pizza Bar on November 14, but there was still work being done by contact tracers.
Professor Spurrier said there were now 31 active cases linked to the Parafield cluster, with more than 4800 close contacts or contacts of close contacts in quarantine.
There were about 10,000 tests performed yesterday, November 25.
IMPORTANT: wear a mask
During today's media conference Professor Spurrier highlighted the need for people to wear masks when they are unable to keep socially distant from others, especially taking part in activities such as shopping.
"With the coming sales and Black Friday we really do want to encourage people to be wearing masks as its going to be crowded and you will be in close contact to potentially a large number of people that you don't know from all over South Australia," she said.
"So if you haven't got yourselves a mask ... please have a look at getting yourself a mask, but if you haven't had time and you end up in Rundle Mall or one of the large shopping centres we have done a very large drop of masks so people can pick them up and be protected for that period of time.
"...As a community we are not used to wearing a mask, and you might wonder, 'look is this really the right time?'
"Well, indeed if you are going to wear a mask now is the right time."
Premier Steven Marshall has praised the South Australian community on its strength of spirit as it continues to adhere to restrictions.
He also thanked the people who were in quarantine for their commitment as well as the frontline workers who continue to give every effort to keep the state safe.
From Tuesday, December 1, QR Codes will be used as a tracking system for people attending businesses and venues where a COVID-Safe Plan needs to be implemented.
Mr Marshall said the benefits of being able to have the information at hand would mean quicker contact tracing if a case of COVID-19 is discovered.
"It would be as simple as downloading the free mysagov app and selecting the COVID safe check-in tile from the home page," Mr Marshall said.
"You simply then follow the prompts to scan the QR code and sign in when you enter a business or a venue.
"People who have already have the app will need to update it for access."
Mr Marshall said the data would only be available to SA Health for contract tracing and would only be kept for 28 days.
To record people who are without a mobile phone, businesses will be able to use a written recording log.
"Businesses with a COVID safe plan will receive a new COVID safe plan via email that includes a QR code to print off and to display," Mr Marshall said.
"Any new COVID safe plans created online will generate a QR code to print off and to display."
- DETAILS: To download the app go to https://www.sa.gov.au/mysagov and follow the directions.